16 jun 09:00 - 17 jun 17:00 - Amsterdam
The CrossFit Specialty Course: Weightlifting Level 2;
builds on the fundamental principles that are explored in the CrossFit Weightlifting Specialty Course Level 1. This rigorous advanced course will enable participants to provide richer detail in teaching the Olympic lifts, including improved ability to see and correct errors.
Through a mix of lectures and practical breakouts, participants gain proficiency in identifying "root causes" of both successful and failed lifts, using methods such as movement assessment protocols, strength ratios and case study, as well as video and real-time technical analysis of each other.
In addition, participants enhance their coach’s "tool kit" with specific programming, cues, drills and remedies. Graduates of the Level 2 Course will feel confident in their ability to advance weightlifting performance at the recreational and competitive levels for both groups and individuals.
Upon completion of the Weightlifting Level 2 Course, participants will be able to:
- Assess potential for advancement in coaches and athletes.
- Provide a structure for continuous athletic development.
- Test body function as it relates to mobility, stability and sport-specific positions.
- Identify the points of performance for the key positions in the snatch, clean, and jerk.
- Explain style vs. error as it relates to weightlifting mechanics.
- Demonstrate examples of how to correct faults using verbal cues and corrective drills.
- Measure and assess the strength and balance of a lifter.
- Understand how to prepare for, perform during and coach at competitions.
- Introduce various tools used to train specific weaknesses.
- Demonstrate how to develop and execute an individualized or team training plan.
- Understand the process and procedures of coaching a weightlifting team or group class.
- Implement a protocol for movement standards and testing procedures.
- Hold a valid and current CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate (or higher).
- Hold a valid and current CrossFit Weightlifting Trainer Certificate.
Each attendee needs to email email@example.com in order for us to verify they have met the pre-requisites. Once that is done we can send them the access code for the course.
Sent electronically 1-2 weeks after course completion to the email address used for registration.
The default language for this course is English. Any course with a translator are specified in the "Language" section from the event registration link.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEUS)
Upon successful completion of this course, a Certified CrossFit Trainer may claim 14 CEUs towards their continuing education.
04 mei 09:00 - 06 mei 17:00
04 mei 09:00 - 06 mei 17:00
CrossFit Amsterdam CrossFit Amsterdam
The Eleiko Strength Coach Level 1 course: Is the most comprehensive scientifically based educational course for coaches, trainers, and strength and conditioning professionals... ➧ Meer info